Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Negotiation Works Wonders

Today I actually accomplished something pretty nifty. I had two separate bills come in from a hospital a month apart. I had set up 3 month payments on the first bill before the second came in (and was three times the first). I managed to get them to combine the two bills AND reset the three months for the new amount. Also, the way it sounded, I could have pushed the payments off a month if I really needed to.

One other minor accomplishment of late was getting the Bank of America to reset my payment date of a loan so that it was in the end of the month. Our bills were WAY too front-loaded on the month to be comfortable (had the budget right, but cashflow was never there). It will take a couple billing cycles to change (a complete crock), but at least they changed it.

The moral of the story? It never hurts to ask I guess. I never really did this sort of thing before because I think I was a bit ashamed to ask for help. The more I'm dealing with this stuff, the more I'm wanting to ask for terms to be different and things of that nature.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats.

    It always seemed like our bills were lopsided during the month as well. It seem like the really hard hitting bills were due at the first of the month for us. I agree, it does make it hard to budget.

    ReplyDelete